Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Wish My Best Friend Was You, Kate.

The day has finally arrived... Kate Nash's new album, My Best Friend is You, was released today and I am so content right now words cannot even explain. This has been a long awaited event for me, as Made of Bricks was released in late 2007. I have to admit I was slightly concerned about the direction the album was going to go in because it appeared as if she was trying a bit too hard to be experimental and purposefully weird, but I am pleasantly surprised to see that she's the same old Kate. I've heard her perform "Don't You Share The Guilt?" and "I Hate Seagulls" in the past, so I am biased when I say that I'm really drawn to them; however, songs like "Paris" and "Later On" completely bring me back to first learning to drive and listening to Kate in the car, a feeling I will always love. In my opinion, she is the most personable and down-to-earth artists I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and seeing live, and it completely translates into her lyrics and melodies. The album is entirely worth buying, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment