Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Best Coast = The Eames Era?


After seeing Best Coast perform at Wesleyan on Thursday and finding their sound oddly familiar, yet not being able to put my finger on it, I finally realized who they remind me of. I'm not sure if The Eames Era is a name that would be familiar to many, but this group, probably known best for their songs "Washed Out" and "Could Be Anything", has been around for quite sometime and has made quite an impression on me...all I have to say is, if they aren't one of Best Coast's influences, they definitely should be. Best Coast, in my opinion, has a bit of a rougher sound and isn't as musically sophisticated as The Eames Era; though they don't stand on the same level to me, the lead singer's voice and melodies bare similar likeable qualities, and I am excited to listen to this band more and hear them evolve as musicians. Listen to Best Coast's "Make You Mine" and The Eames Era's "Listen for the Sun", and feel free to tell me if i'm just making this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment